Stephen H. BurnsTown ManagerPhone: 207-363-1000, ext. 6021
Brett HorrDirector of GIS and TechnologyPhone: 207-363-1000, ext. 6043
Reenie JohnsonAdministrative AssistantPhone: 207-363-1000, ext 6036
Diana JanetosAssistant to the Town ManagerPhone: 207-363-1000 ext 6022
- Agenda Item Request Form (Public Use) (PDF)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Application for Board Membership (PDF)
- Banner Policy (PDF)
- Banner Release Form (PDF)
- Business License Application (PDF)
- Current Board and Committee Vacancies (PDF)
- Employment Agreement (Town Manager) (PDF)
- Local Government Record Retention Rules
- Request for Action by Board of Selectmen (Internal Use Only) (DOC)
- Request for Public Records (PDF)
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF)
- State Liquor Application (PDF)
Town/Church Real Estate Documents
Community Center Needs Assessment Committee
Visit our Archive Center for archived documents.
Special Event Permits
A Special Event Permit is required for any temporary use or activity that occurs on any Town Street, Town Park or other Town-owned Property that is outside the normal use of such, has any potential impact on motor vehicle or pedestrian traffic, parking or any other potential community impact, or that causes impacts beyond those associated with normal use. This includes but is not limited to: parades, group walks, road races, fundraising walk, bicycle tours, motorcycle tours, craft fairs, festivals, sidewalk sales, block parties, swimming events, surfing events, fireworks, and bonfires. Event organizers and participants will be required to adhere to any conditions and the General Requirements specified in the Special Event Permit Application and the Town of York Special Event Ordinance and Regulations.
Applications must be completed and submitted to the Town Manager’s Office located at the Town Hall, 186 York Street, York, ME 03909 at least 45 days prior to the date of the event. Once a completed application has been submitted, the Town Manager’s Office will review the application for completeness and once determined complete will schedule the Board of Selectmen to take action (approval/denial) on the application; the applicant will subsequently be notified of the Board of Selectmen’s decision.
A completed application includes all of the following:
- Signatures of all required departments (located on the second page of application) and any applicable Detail Request Sheets
- Certificate of Liability Insurance naming the Town of York as an Additional Insured, and including coverage for contractual liability with a minimum of $,1,000,000 per occurrence
- Events where a “route” is applicable, a street by street list of the route is required
- A signed Release and Indemnity Agreement
- Check or Cash for the Application Fee where applicable
The Town Manager's Office may approve the placement of a banner for a not for profit group at the approved locations over York Street and Main Street. All organizations using the banner poles will be required to sign the Banner Release Form before their reservation is approved. For more information contact Missy Avery, Assistant to the Town Manager.
Find referendum timelines for York, ME.
Archived Town Reports can be found in the Archive Center